sa Forum Index

sa

sa

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

on Desmond Haymons
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
shushu

Apprendista
Apprendista

Iscritti

italy
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019 01:29:31    Post subject:  on Desmond Haymons
Description: on Desmond Haymons

TORONTO -- There were several similarities between football and bobsled that drew former CFL running back Jesse Lumsden to the ice from the gridiron. For one, he still gets to crank the intensity to the max. "I push pretty angry. I ran pretty angry too though, but I have fun doing it," Lumsden said. "Its kind of an oxymoron but I dont know, it makes sense to me. Im grinding teeth and snorting and foaming at the mouth when Im pushing. "Like when I had the opportunity to hit somebody in front of me, I loved it. I loved that feeling of catching somebody on their heels and just going straight through them." Lumsden spent parts of six seasons in the Canadian Football League before retiring in 2011 after a few injury-plagued campaigns. His transition to the winter sports scene has been a smooth one. The six-foot-two, 223-pound brakeman from Burlington, Ont., first gave bobsled a try in 2009. He had aspirations of becoming a pilot but coaches told him his skills were best suited for the back of the sled. He took the news in stride and soon became one of the sports elite pushers. Lumsden qualified for the 2010 Olympic team in the two-man and four-man sleds, finishing fifth in both events. The 31-year-old Calgary resident has blossomed over the last few seasons, winning silver at the world championship last year and taking the World Cup title last season with pilot Lyndon Rush of Humboldt, Sask. The strong Canadian team tinkered with its lineup this season, with Lumsden now in the two-man sled with Calgarys Chris Spring. They won bronze at the season opener last month in Calgary and nearly reached the podium in the four-man event as well with a fourth-place result. With the season approaching the halfway point, Lumsden and Spring are third overall in the standings. "Were on the right path of where we need to be going," Lumsden said Thursday at a promotional event at a downtown mall. "Obviously the end of the road is Sochi and things are progressing nicely." The camaraderie that Lumsden experienced during his football days is much the same on the bobsled team. There is a great chemistry on the squad and a real sense of unity. Lumsden and Spring have been teaming with Ottawas Cody Sorensen and Saskatoons Ben Coakwell in the four-man sled. The other two-man sleds include Rush with Calgarys Lascelles Brown and the duo of Edmontons Bryan Barnett and Justin Kripps of Summerland, B.C. The womens team is led by the powerhouse pairing of reigning Olympic champions Heather Moyse of Summerside, P.E.I., and Kaillie Humphries of Calgary, who won gold at the season opener. Spring was born in Australia and became a Canadian citizen earlier this year. The third-place result at Canada Olympic Park was significant because it was his first World Cup medal with Lumsden. "Hes athletic so he contributes on the push as well," Lumsden said of his teammate. "He just has a presence about him thats very positive. Its confidence. Its not a cockiness but its a solid confidence that makes you feel good." Lumsden spent seven hours a day training in the off-season and has the chiselled physique to prove it. He generates his explosiveness from a rock-solid lower body and blasts out of the start area with a vengeance. He showed off that power last month in Calgary when he won the WinSport World Push Challenge to kick off the new season. Lumsden was formally named to the Olympic team this week. He learned a lot from the Vancouver experience but didnt feel a lot of pressure because he was so green. Things will be different when the Sochi Games begin Feb. 7. Lumsden is confident that hell be ready. "Theres more on the line this time around because I have invested my four years into it," he said. "This is my passion. This is what I love to do."
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
. -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action.
. The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship.
. Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U.
. Got Jacks? Pulling off a comeback for the ages, feisty Stephen F. Austin became the latest No. 12 seed to pull off an upset, tying the game on Desmond Haymons did-that-just-happen four-point play with 3.
. -- Kole Calhoun homered and drove in three runs, Albert Pujols also went deep and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Chicago White Sox 8-4 Friday night. RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes are hoping that one splendid period and a winning goal in overtime will change the direction of their season. Alexander Semin scored 3:27 into the extra session, and the Hurricanes snapped a five-game losing streak with a come-from-behind, 5-4 victory against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night. "Its a big win, a character-type win," Hurricanes captain Eric Staal said. "This is something you can build on. "We wanted it. A lot of fun to be part of it." Manny Malhotra scored the fourth goal in a seven-minute span for the Hurricanes, who had trailed 3-0 in the second period. "You sit there in the dressing room and you have the options of folding or going in and playing the third period the way they did," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "They gelled together and went for it. "Thats what the season is all about with team bonding and building. A lot of guys probably feel really good about themselves, and its a big win." Montreal defenceman P.K. Subban tied the game 4-4 with 9:44 remaining in regulation. Jeff Skinner scored a pair of power-play goals 37 seconds apart, and Staal tied the game at 3 just 4:07 into the third period. "We stuck with it the whole game, and it paid off for us," Skinner said. Cam Ward made 21 saves in the win. He played in back-to-back games for the first time in a month. Ward kept Montreal at bay as the Hurricanes rallied. "This can be the period that turns the seaason around," Muller said of the third period.dddddddddddd Max Pacioretty scored two goals, and Carey Price stopped 37 shots in a losing cause. "(The penalties) take all the momentum away that we got," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said. "When you end up losing the momentum, it is tough to get it back. "As the coach, I am responsible for the discipline of my team, and I will make sure it wont happen again." Lars Eller and Pacioretty scored in the opening eight minutes, and the Hurricanes failed on their first seven power plays in the first 35 minutes. Montreal dropped to 2-3 with one game remaining on a six-game road trip. The Canadiens failed to score during a power play that lasted the final 3:56 of regulation. Pacioretty has a team-high 17 goals, including eight in December. His first of the night was Montreals first of the power play in five games. Eller, scoreless in the previous 11 games, scored 1:20 into the game from in front of Ward. Trailing 2-0, the Hurricanes were denied on a brief 5-on-3 power play. Pacioretty scored again to put the Canadiens ahead 3-0. NOTES: The Canadiens will complete their trip on Thursday at Dallas. . Carolina captain Eric Staal played in his 730th game with the Hurricanes, the most of any player since the franchise relocated from Hartford, Conn. He moved in front of former defenceman Glen Wesley. . The Hurricanes recalled G Anton Khudobin from a conditioning stint with the Charlotte (AHL). He didnt play in the game. ' ' '
Adv

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019 01:29:31    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sa Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: